Srinagar records first sub-zero temperature of season
Srinagar: Cold wave tightened its grip in Kashmir as Srinagar city recorded first sub-zero night temperature of the season, MET Department said.
The night temperature in Srinagar went below freezing point for the first time this season, with the mercury settling at minus 0.7 degree Celsius, a MET Department official said.
Pahalgam, in south Kashmir, was the coldest place in Kashmir valley with the minimum temperature of minus 4.0 degrees Celsius, two degrees down from the previous night`s minus 2.0 degrees Celsius.
The ski-resort of Gulmarg registered the temperature at minus 3.4 degrees Celsius, same as the previous night, he said.
The night temperatures in other parts of the Valley also settled below freezing point with Kokernag registering the temperature at minus 0.4 degree Celsius, Kupwara minus 1.4 degree Celsius and Qazigund minus 0.8 degree Celsius.
Kargil was the coldest recorded place in the state with the mercury settling at a low of minus 7.6 degrees Celsius.
Leh recorded a temperature of minus 5.7 degrees Celsius, as compared to the previous night`s minus 7.1 degrees Celsius.
The MET Department has forecast mainly dry weather across Kashmir division over the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police