SRS threatens agitation against Jammu University
Jammu: Shri Ram Sena Saturday threatened to agitate against Jammu University if it failed to shift the Institute of Music and Fine Arts (IMFA) to a proper location.
The building of the institute in Talab Tillo area is dilapidated and could collapse at any time, which puts the safety of the students and staff at risk, SRS state president, Rajiv Mahajan, told reporters here.
"We express great anguish against the administration of Jammu University for not providing accommodation to the students and staff of Institute of Music and Fine Arts in New University Campus here and threaten to launch an agitation if the institute is not shifted immediately," he said.
Jammu University administration had already made a proposal as per which the next session of the institute was to be held in the premises of the New University Campus, but nothing has been done about it, he claimed.
The SRS has taken up the issue time and again, Mahajan said, adding that he met then Vice Chancellor Varun Sawhney last year, who assured shifting of the institute within a short period.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev