SRTC employees on strike to press for higher wages
Jammu: The state run J&K Roads Transport
Corporation (SRTC) employees Thursday went on strike in support of their demands for higher wages enhancement of retirement age and adoption of rules on the pattern of Himachal Pradesh SRTC.
Employees of SRTC also protests against the state
government for its "failure" to address their demands even
after assurances government last year.
The entire fleet of SRTC vehicles remained off the roads
due to the strike.
SRTC employees are demanding implementation of Sixth
Pay Commission, enhancement of retirement age to 60 years,
adoption of rules of HP SRTC, clearance of GP Fund accounts
and a ban on plying of vehicles by Tourism Development
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016