SRTC employees on strike to press for higher wages
Jammu: The state run J&K Roads Transport
Corporation (SRTC) employees Thursday went on strike in support of their demands for higher wages enhancement of retirement age and adoption of rules on the pattern of Himachal Pradesh SRTC.
Employees of SRTC also protests against the state
government for its "failure" to address their demands even
after assurances government last year.
The entire fleet of SRTC vehicles remained off the roads
due to the strike.
SRTC employees are demanding implementation of Sixth
Pay Commission, enhancement of retirement age to 60 years,
adoption of rules of HP SRTC, clearance of GP Fund accounts
and a ban on plying of vehicles by Tourism Development
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave