SRTC employees on strike to press for higher wages
Jammu: The state run J&K Roads Transport
Corporation (SRTC) employees Thursday went on strike in support of their demands for higher wages enhancement of retirement age and adoption of rules on the pattern of Himachal Pradesh SRTC.
Employees of SRTC also protests against the state
government for its "failure" to address their demands even
after assurances government last year.
The entire fleet of SRTC vehicles remained off the roads
due to the strike.
SRTC employees are demanding implementation of Sixth
Pay Commission, enhancement of retirement age to 60 years,
adoption of rules of HP SRTC, clearance of GP Fund accounts
and a ban on plying of vehicles by Tourism Development
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef