SSB soldier shoots two colleagues in Kashmir
Jammu: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) trooper killed two of his colleagues and injured two others in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar town early Tuesday, police said.
"An SSB soldier, identified as Vijay Kumar, opened fire from his service rifle on his colleagues sleeping in a camp in Kishtwar. Two soldiers have died while two others have been injured in the shooting," Superintendent of Police (SP) Kulbir Singh said.
The four SSB troopers were rushed to the Kishtwar district hospital, about 220 km from here, where Narinder Singh, who hails from Uttarakhand, was declared dead. His colleague Veer Singh succumbed to his injuries later.
The two other injured SSB troopers -- Ravinder Nath and Habib-ul-Islam -- are undergoing treatment for bullet injuries at the hospital. Habib got injured when he tried to grab Vijay Kumar who was firing indiscriminately.
The incident took place around 1:00 am on Tuesday at the police line in Kishtwar, where the SSB has been camping for the last two months after the central government decided to replace Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) with SSB for internal security in some troubled areas of the state.
Vijay Kumar has been arrested and is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders