SSB soldier shoots two colleagues in Kashmir
Jammu: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) trooper killed two of his colleagues and injured two others in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar town early Tuesday, police said.
"An SSB soldier, identified as Vijay Kumar, opened fire from his service rifle on his colleagues sleeping in a camp in Kishtwar. Two soldiers have died while two others have been injured in the shooting," Superintendent of Police (SP) Kulbir Singh said.
The four SSB troopers were rushed to the Kishtwar district hospital, about 220 km from here, where Narinder Singh, who hails from Uttarakhand, was declared dead. His colleague Veer Singh succumbed to his injuries later.
The two other injured SSB troopers -- Ravinder Nath and Habib-ul-Islam -- are undergoing treatment for bullet injuries at the hospital. Habib got injured when he tried to grab Vijay Kumar who was firing indiscriminately.
The incident took place around 1:00 am on Tuesday at the police line in Kishtwar, where the SSB has been camping for the last two months after the central government decided to replace Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) with SSB for internal security in some troubled areas of the state.
Vijay Kumar has been arrested and is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP