SSB soldier shoots two colleagues in Kashmir
Jammu: A Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) trooper killed two of his colleagues and injured two others in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kishtwar town early Tuesday, police said.
"An SSB soldier, identified as Vijay Kumar, opened fire from his service rifle on his colleagues sleeping in a camp in Kishtwar. Two soldiers have died while two others have been injured in the shooting," Superintendent of Police (SP) Kulbir Singh said.
The four SSB troopers were rushed to the Kishtwar district hospital, about 220 km from here, where Narinder Singh, who hails from Uttarakhand, was declared dead. His colleague Veer Singh succumbed to his injuries later.
The two other injured SSB troopers -- Ravinder Nath and Habib-ul-Islam -- are undergoing treatment for bullet injuries at the hospital. Habib got injured when he tried to grab Vijay Kumar who was firing indiscriminately.
The incident took place around 1:00 am on Tuesday at the police line in Kishtwar, where the SSB has been camping for the last two months after the central government decided to replace Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) with SSB for internal security in some troubled areas of the state.
Vijay Kumar has been arrested and is being interrogated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note