State govt orders probe into scarcity of food grain in Kishtwar
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today initiated a probe into food grain scarcity in state-run
stores in Kishtwar district and suspended three tehsil supply
officers and a storekeeper in this connection.
"Acting on the complaint of locals in Nowpachi area
regarding insufficient food grains in government stores, an
three-member inquiry commission has been set up to probe the
matter," minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
& Transport Qamar Ali Akhoon told reporters here.
The inquiry commission, comprising Kishtwar Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue) and two locals from Nowpachi, has been
asked to submit its report within a month, he said.
Besides, three tehsil supply officers of Warwan, Marwah
and Nowpachi, and a storekeeper of Nowpachi were suspended for
dereliction of duty, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?