State govt orders probe into scarcity of food grain in Kishtwar
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today initiated a probe into food grain scarcity in state-run
stores in Kishtwar district and suspended three tehsil supply
officers and a storekeeper in this connection.
"Acting on the complaint of locals in Nowpachi area
regarding insufficient food grains in government stores, an
three-member inquiry commission has been set up to probe the
matter," minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
& Transport Qamar Ali Akhoon told reporters here.
The inquiry commission, comprising Kishtwar Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue) and two locals from Nowpachi, has been
asked to submit its report within a month, he said.
Besides, three tehsil supply officers of Warwan, Marwah
and Nowpachi, and a storekeeper of Nowpachi were suspended for
dereliction of duty, the minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents