State govt orders probe into scarcity of food grain in Kishtwar
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government
today initiated a probe into food grain scarcity in state-run
stores in Kishtwar district and suspended three tehsil supply
officers and a storekeeper in this connection.
"Acting on the complaint of locals in Nowpachi area
regarding insufficient food grains in government stores, an
three-member inquiry commission has been set up to probe the
matter," minister for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution
& Transport Qamar Ali Akhoon told reporters here.
The inquiry commission, comprising Kishtwar Assistant
Commissioner (Revenue) and two locals from Nowpachi, has been
asked to submit its report within a month, he said.
Besides, three tehsil supply officers of Warwan, Marwah
and Nowpachi, and a storekeeper of Nowpachi were suspended for
dereliction of duty, the minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas