State transport workers on strike in J&K
Jammu: Employees of the Jammu and Kashmir
State Road Transport Corporation on Wednesday began a three-day-long
strike here demanding implementation of the Sixth Pay
Operation of all the passengers buses and trucks of the
state-run public transport came to a halt due to the strike in
entire Jammu and Kashmir, Chairman of JKSRTC Union Shakeel
Ahmed Kuchay told reporters here.
The transport vehicles on inter-state routes will also
remain suspended for next three days due to the strike, he
The employees SRTC are demanding implementation of the
6th Pay Commission recommendations, release of (Common Living
Allowance) COLA, announcement of Pending Department Promotion
Committee (DPC), arrears to VSR employees.
Led by Shakeel and President of Union Ashok Mehta, over
400 employees assembled at SRTC headquarter at Bikram Chowk in
the city and took out a protest rally against the government.
They raised anti-government slogans and held
demonstrations. They later sat on dharna in front of the SRTC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!