Steps being taken for implementation of labour laws: J&K Minister
Jammu: Enhancement in provident fund interest will go a long way in improving the economic conditions of labour forces across Jammu and Kashmir, state labour minister Ajay Kumar Sadhotra said today.
Speaking at a function held here in connection with May Day, Sadhotra spelled out initiatives taken by the National Conference-led government for welfare and upliftment of labour force in the state.
"Several steps are underway for the effective and expeditious implementation of labour laws," he said, adding that they will be for the overall good of skilled and unskilled workers and their families.
"As a result of progressive and revolutionary policies pursued over the years, the overall condition of work force has considerably improved. However, still more is required to be done in this regard," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss