Steps being taken for implementation of labour laws: J&K Minister
Jammu: Enhancement in provident fund interest will go a long way in improving the economic conditions of labour forces across Jammu and Kashmir, state labour minister Ajay Kumar Sadhotra said today.
Speaking at a function held here in connection with May Day, Sadhotra spelled out initiatives taken by the National Conference-led government for welfare and upliftment of labour force in the state.
"Several steps are underway for the effective and expeditious implementation of labour laws," he said, adding that they will be for the overall good of skilled and unskilled workers and their families.
"As a result of progressive and revolutionary policies pursued over the years, the overall condition of work force has considerably improved. However, still more is required to be done in this regard," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city