Steps taken for welfare of militancy victims: J&K
Srinagar: Two Private Members` Resolutions including one seeking rehabilitation of militancy victims were on Friday rejected by Jammu and Kashmir Assembly after government informed the House about steps taken for their welfare.
The resolution moved by Nizam-ud-Din Bhat (PDP) was defeated by voice vote after Social Welfare Minister Sakina Ittoo apprised the members of the measures already taken by the state government for their rehabilitation and welfare.
Another Resolution moved by Charanjit Singh (Ind) seeking stationing of the Patwaris and Village Level Workers (VLWs) at their respective Panchayat Halqas was also rejected.
Revenue Minister Raman Bhalla opposed the resolution and said government has already issued instructions to Patwaris and VLWs to remain present at their respective Panchayat Halqas at least twice a week to attend to people`s problems.
He, however, admitted paucity of Patwaris and VLWs and said efforts were afoot for fast track recruitment for such posts.
A separate resolution moved by Mir Saifullah (NC) seeking deployment of one science and mathematics teacher to primary, middle and high schools was withdrawn by the mover after an assurance by Technical Education Minister R S Chib that constant efforts were underway to improve education standards in government schools.
Discussion on another resolution moved by Vikar Rasool (Cong) for declaration of Ramban district in general and Banihal constituency in particular as most backward area remained inconclusive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai