Steps taken for welfare of militancy victims: J&K
Srinagar: Two Private Members` Resolutions including one seeking rehabilitation of militancy victims were on Friday rejected by Jammu and Kashmir Assembly after government informed the House about steps taken for their welfare.
The resolution moved by Nizam-ud-Din Bhat (PDP) was defeated by voice vote after Social Welfare Minister Sakina Ittoo apprised the members of the measures already taken by the state government for their rehabilitation and welfare.
Another Resolution moved by Charanjit Singh (Ind) seeking stationing of the Patwaris and Village Level Workers (VLWs) at their respective Panchayat Halqas was also rejected.
Revenue Minister Raman Bhalla opposed the resolution and said government has already issued instructions to Patwaris and VLWs to remain present at their respective Panchayat Halqas at least twice a week to attend to people`s problems.
He, however, admitted paucity of Patwaris and VLWs and said efforts were afoot for fast track recruitment for such posts.
A separate resolution moved by Mir Saifullah (NC) seeking deployment of one science and mathematics teacher to primary, middle and high schools was withdrawn by the mover after an assurance by Technical Education Minister R S Chib that constant efforts were underway to improve education standards in government schools.
Discussion on another resolution moved by Vikar Rasool (Cong) for declaration of Ramban district in general and Banihal constituency in particular as most backward area remained inconclusive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore