Steps to complete work along Amarnath yatra route
Srinagar: Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Sunday directed the engineering staff and contractors to mobilise additional manpower to complete the backlog work caused due to continuous bad weather along the yatra route.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) SASB Navin K Choudhary directed all the engineering staff and contractors to "mobilise additional manpower to the extent possible to complete the backlog work and put all infrastructures in time" for the commencement of the yatra on the schedule date, an official spokesman said.
The yatra is scheduled to begin on June 25 but inclement weather over the last few weeks has hampered necessary preparations, including clearance of tracks.
The CEO along with senior officials today visited Baltal base camp to take stock of the situation there and also inspected the track beyond Domel.
"It was observed that not only continuous bad weather has hampered the snow clearance work on the track but also delayed repair of other infrastructure like restoration of power, water supply and repair of huts," the spokesman said.
The CEO expressed satisfaction over restoration of the helipad and other structures which were damaged due to snow avalanches during last winter, the spokesman said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory