Steps to complete work along Amarnath yatra route
Srinagar: Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Sunday directed the engineering staff and contractors to mobilise additional manpower to complete the backlog work caused due to continuous bad weather along the yatra route.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) SASB Navin K Choudhary directed all the engineering staff and contractors to "mobilise additional manpower to the extent possible to complete the backlog work and put all infrastructures in time" for the commencement of the yatra on the schedule date, an official spokesman said.
The yatra is scheduled to begin on June 25 but inclement weather over the last few weeks has hampered necessary preparations, including clearance of tracks.
The CEO along with senior officials today visited Baltal base camp to take stock of the situation there and also inspected the track beyond Domel.
"It was observed that not only continuous bad weather has hampered the snow clearance work on the track but also delayed repair of other infrastructure like restoration of power, water supply and repair of huts," the spokesman said.
The CEO expressed satisfaction over restoration of the helipad and other structures which were damaged due to snow avalanches during last winter, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan