Steps to complete work along Amarnath yatra route
Srinagar: Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Sunday directed the engineering staff and contractors to mobilise additional manpower to complete the backlog work caused due to continuous bad weather along the yatra route.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) SASB Navin K Choudhary directed all the engineering staff and contractors to "mobilise additional manpower to the extent possible to complete the backlog work and put all infrastructures in time" for the commencement of the yatra on the schedule date, an official spokesman said.
The yatra is scheduled to begin on June 25 but inclement weather over the last few weeks has hampered necessary preparations, including clearance of tracks.
The CEO along with senior officials today visited Baltal base camp to take stock of the situation there and also inspected the track beyond Domel.
"It was observed that not only continuous bad weather has hampered the snow clearance work on the track but also delayed repair of other infrastructure like restoration of power, water supply and repair of huts," the spokesman said.
The CEO expressed satisfaction over restoration of the helipad and other structures which were damaged due to snow avalanches during last winter, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you