Stocking of essential commodities in border areas by Oct 10
Srinagar: As the dates for closure of border
areas including frontier region of Ladakh draw nearer,
authorities today said stocking of essential commodities in
these areas is in full swing and will be completed by October
More than 80 per cent of materials have been stocked and
the remaining will be done by October 10, Director of Consumer
Affairs and Public Distribution (CAPD) Abdul Wahid Tak said
The frontier region of Ladakh alongwith the border
towns of Gurez, Tangdhar, Keran and Machil in North Kashmir
remains cut off for nearly six months owing to heavy snowfall.
Tak, who reviewed the stock and supply position of ration
at a meeting here yesterday, said CAPD has distributed 3.58
lakh quintal of rice, 38,000 quintal sugar, 32.18 lakh litre
of kerosene and 2.35 lakh LPG cylinders to the consumers in
the Valley in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?