Stocking of essential commodities in border areas by Oct 10
Srinagar: As the dates for closure of border
areas including frontier region of Ladakh draw nearer,
authorities today said stocking of essential commodities in
these areas is in full swing and will be completed by October
More than 80 per cent of materials have been stocked and
the remaining will be done by October 10, Director of Consumer
Affairs and Public Distribution (CAPD) Abdul Wahid Tak said
The frontier region of Ladakh alongwith the border
towns of Gurez, Tangdhar, Keran and Machil in North Kashmir
remains cut off for nearly six months owing to heavy snowfall.
Tak, who reviewed the stock and supply position of ration
at a meeting here yesterday, said CAPD has distributed 3.58
lakh quintal of rice, 38,000 quintal sugar, 32.18 lakh litre
of kerosene and 2.35 lakh LPG cylinders to the consumers in
the Valley in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof