Stone quarrying: J&K govt sets up panel for affected persons
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has set up a panel to study the issue of rehabilitation of the persons affected due to stone quarrying in the state.
"Sanction is hereby accorded to the constitution of a committee to study the issues regarding rehabilitation of the affected persons, if any, due to stoppage of the operation of stone quarrying in the forest areas as well as on state lands," Secretary in the J&K General Administration Department, MA Bukhari, said in an order.
The panel will comprise three members and is to be headed by the financial commissioner in the industries and commerce department, Khursheed Ganie. The Commissioner Secretary in the revenue department and the Commissioner Secretary of forests are to be the members of the committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31