Stop border skirmishes: CPI-M to India, Pak
Jammu: Expressing concern over increasing incidents of ceasefire violation on the Line of Control, the CPI-M on Monday asked the leadership of both India and Pakistan to intervene to end border skirmishes.
"We express deep concern over increasing incidents of ceasefire violation on LoC. There is need for leadership of both the countries to intervene to end the skirmishes between troops," Jammu CPI-M Secretary Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami said.
Referring to latest exchange of fire in Uri sector in Baramulla in which a residential house was partially damaged, he said the heads of two neighbouring countries must arrest the downslide in the border situation which had sparked fear and panic among people.
"The border skirmishes, whatever be the cause, risk the prosperity and security of two countries that have far more in common than areas of suspicion and discard," Tarigami said.
"Incidents of skirmishes and hostilities derail efforts towards formation of better understanding and amity between the two neighbouring countries," he said.
"It is in the interest of the entire region that the leadership of both the countries must rise to the occasion and ensure cessation of hostilities along the border," Tarigami said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'