Stop strike, serve people: Abdullah to employees
Srinagar: Union Minister for New and
Renewable Energy, Farooq Abdullah, on Monday appealed to the
striking government employees to call off their stir for the
sake of people.
"The people are suffering because of the ongoing
strike, which needs to be called off as the government is
promise-bound to address the grievances of its employees," he
told party workers here.
Abdullah, also the president of ruling National
Conference, asked party leaders to take up services to the
people as a religious obligation. "Treat it (helping the
masses) as your religious duty," he said.
Government employees in the state are on a strike for
over one week demanding arrears as per the 6th Pay Commission
recommendations and raising of retirement age.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins