Stranded due to bad weather, Omar plays cricket with locals
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah showed his cricketing skills as he played the game with the locals of Brenwar, a remote village in Budgam district, where he was "grounded" due to bad weather.
"Got stuck in Brenwar, Budgam earlier today (Saturday) when the weather grounded me. So played cricket with the locals," Omar wrote on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The chief minister had gone to the village yesterday to inspect the 7.5 MW Small Hydro Power Project (SHPP) set up on IPP mode over Doodganga Nallah, a tributary of Sukhnag.
Omar said he was happy to be "grounded", apparently referring to the opportunity he got to do things that he would not be able to do in the normal course.
"I`ve never been happier to be grounded and more disappointed when the weather cleared and we took off," he said.
"With the wicket keeper more keen to report the proceedings of the match, I`ll sneak a few byes," Omar tweeted.
He also posted a picture of himself in action while batting on the micro-blogging site.
Omar, an avid fan of cricket, follows the game keenly and tweets about matches and developments regularly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city