Strike by J&K transport department enters 6th day
Jammu: The strike by workers of the Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation (SRTC), which has brought to a halt its network of 1,200 vehicles, entered the sixth day on Wednesday.
The entire transport network, including buses, mini-buses and trucks, of the SRTC observed a total strike across the state and inter-state places in Delhi in protest against the forcible removal of the corporation`s headquarters from TRC in Srinagar.
The employees shouted anti-government slogans and demanded restoration of the SRTC office and bus terminal at TRC.
"Government is selling out assets. They are dislodging our employees and buses from SRTC owned lands and complexes-- it is condemnable", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic