Strike by J&K transport department enters 6th day
Jammu: The strike by workers of the Jammu and Kashmir State Road Transport Corporation (SRTC), which has brought to a halt its network of 1,200 vehicles, entered the sixth day on Wednesday.
The entire transport network, including buses, mini-buses and trucks, of the SRTC observed a total strike across the state and inter-state places in Delhi in protest against the forcible removal of the corporation`s headquarters from TRC in Srinagar.
The employees shouted anti-government slogans and demanded restoration of the SRTC office and bus terminal at TRC.
"Government is selling out assets. They are dislodging our employees and buses from SRTC owned lands and complexes-- it is condemnable", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof