Student crushed to death by IAF vehicle, trigger protests
Jammu: A teenaged student was crushed to death today by an Indian Air Force (IAF) vehicle, triggering protests and road blockade in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A Tata Sumo vehicle of IAF hit the student, identified as Divnesh at Rond-Dumel area in the district after which he was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.
The incident triggered protests among the locals, who blocked the vehicular traffic on the highway.
Later, they were pacified by the authorities and dispersed from the highway resulting in normalising of the traffic, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore