Student crushed to death by IAF vehicle, trigger protests
Jammu: A teenaged student was crushed to death today by an Indian Air Force (IAF) vehicle, triggering protests and road blockade in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A Tata Sumo vehicle of IAF hit the student, identified as Divnesh at Rond-Dumel area in the district after which he was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.
The incident triggered protests among the locals, who blocked the vehicular traffic on the highway.
Later, they were pacified by the authorities and dispersed from the highway resulting in normalising of the traffic, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley