Student crushed to death by IAF vehicle, trigger protests
Jammu: A teenaged student was crushed to death today by an Indian Air Force (IAF) vehicle, triggering protests and road blockade in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A Tata Sumo vehicle of IAF hit the student, identified as Divnesh at Rond-Dumel area in the district after which he was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.
The incident triggered protests among the locals, who blocked the vehicular traffic on the highway.
Later, they were pacified by the authorities and dispersed from the highway resulting in normalising of the traffic, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj