Student crushed to death by IAF vehicle, trigger protests
Jammu: A teenaged student was crushed to death today by an Indian Air Force (IAF) vehicle, triggering protests and road blockade in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
A Tata Sumo vehicle of IAF hit the student, identified as Divnesh at Rond-Dumel area in the district after which he was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead by the doctors, they said.
The incident triggered protests among the locals, who blocked the vehicular traffic on the highway.
Later, they were pacified by the authorities and dispersed from the highway resulting in normalising of the traffic, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars