Student killed, 23 injured in clash inside mosque in Doda in J&K
Bhaderwah: A student was killed and 23 other people were injured in a clash between two groups inside a mosque over control of its management in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Sharafat Ali, a student of MA, died last night after a clash erupted between members of two groups of the same community, armed with rods and sticks, over management of the mosque and a madrassa in Sartangal belt here, police said.
24 people were injured, five of them critically, they said, adding three critical persons were shifted to SKIMS Soura in Srinagar while two others were shifted to GMC Hospital in Jammu.
Ali, who was critically injured, was shifted to SKIMS, where he succumbed to his injuries, police said.
His brother Rahat Ali and uncle Farooq Ahmed are among the critical patients, they said.
Police and Army personnel were rushed to the spot, following which the situation has been brought under control, police officials said, adding, the mosque has been closed in view of the incident.
"The situation has been brought under control. Police force is deployed in the area. They are investigating the case", District Development Commissioner, Doda Sham Vinood Meena told PTI.
He said that some people have also been rounded up for questioning in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets