Student washed away, 131 rescued in flashfloods in J&K
Jammu: A student was washed away and 131
people were rescued in flash floods in Rajouri, Ramban and
Jammu districts of Jammu and Kashmir where seven houses
collapsed due to heavy rains.
Munir Ahmed, a class nine student, drowned in swollen
Neel River in Banihal area of Ramban district and his body was
recovered today, officials said.
A labourer Raveed Ahmed, who was also washed away in
flash floods in Sangaldan area of Ramban district yesterday,
is still missing, they said.
Police and locals rescued a 120 members of tribal
families who were caught in flash floods in Agly Tawi and Sukh
Nallah in Rajouri district last evening, they said.
In another incident, 10 persons were rescued by Indian
Air Force (IAF) Choppers in Garkhal area of Akhnoor in Jammu
district, they said adding a sadhu was also rescued in Tawi
Due to heavy rains, seven houses collapsed in Doda,
Poonch, Ramban and Reasi districts of the region, they said.
However, no one was injured in the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!