Student washed away, 131 rescued in flashfloods in J&K
Jammu: A student was washed away and 131
people were rescued in flash floods in Rajouri, Ramban and
Jammu districts of Jammu and Kashmir where seven houses
collapsed due to heavy rains.
Munir Ahmed, a class nine student, drowned in swollen
Neel River in Banihal area of Ramban district and his body was
recovered today, officials said.
A labourer Raveed Ahmed, who was also washed away in
flash floods in Sangaldan area of Ramban district yesterday,
is still missing, they said.
Police and locals rescued a 120 members of tribal
families who were caught in flash floods in Agly Tawi and Sukh
Nallah in Rajouri district last evening, they said.
In another incident, 10 persons were rescued by Indian
Air Force (IAF) Choppers in Garkhal area of Akhnoor in Jammu
district, they said adding a sadhu was also rescued in Tawi
Due to heavy rains, seven houses collapsed in Doda,
Poonch, Ramban and Reasi districts of the region, they said.
However, no one was injured in the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3