Student washed away in flash floods in J&K
Jammu: A student got washed away in flash floods on Friday, while eight people are rescued from two districts of Jammu and Kashmir, as per the officials saying.
The victim a student of class V got washed away in a rivulet in Basholi belt of Kathua district this morning, an operation launched to trace him failed. Three people also got caught in flash floods in Uhj River in the district, while they were busy in their daily work for catching fishes but somehow all of them got rescued late by police and locals, as reported.
Five more people got trapped in flash floods near river Tawi Falay Mandal area of Jammu district, who were safely rescued yesterday, the officials reported. The rain continued to lash Jammu and the adjoining areas for the second consecutive day on Friday that eventually triggered these floods in low-lying areas of the city.
Three individuals got killed & injured in house collapses and landslides that got triggered due to heavy rains in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31