Student washed away in flash floods in J&K
Jammu: A student got washed away in flash floods on Friday, while eight people are rescued from two districts of Jammu and Kashmir, as per the officials saying.
The victim a student of class V got washed away in a rivulet in Basholi belt of Kathua district this morning, an operation launched to trace him failed. Three people also got caught in flash floods in Uhj River in the district, while they were busy in their daily work for catching fishes but somehow all of them got rescued late by police and locals, as reported.
Five more people got trapped in flash floods near river Tawi Falay Mandal area of Jammu district, who were safely rescued yesterday, the officials reported. The rain continued to lash Jammu and the adjoining areas for the second consecutive day on Friday that eventually triggered these floods in low-lying areas of the city.
Three individuals got killed & injured in house collapses and landslides that got triggered due to heavy rains in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!