Student washed away in flash floods in J&K
Jammu: A student got washed away in flash floods on Friday, while eight people are rescued from two districts of Jammu and Kashmir, as per the officials saying.
The victim a student of class V got washed away in a rivulet in Basholi belt of Kathua district this morning, an operation launched to trace him failed. Three people also got caught in flash floods in Uhj River in the district, while they were busy in their daily work for catching fishes but somehow all of them got rescued late by police and locals, as reported.
Five more people got trapped in flash floods near river Tawi Falay Mandal area of Jammu district, who were safely rescued yesterday, the officials reported. The rain continued to lash Jammu and the adjoining areas for the second consecutive day on Friday that eventually triggered these floods in low-lying areas of the city.
Three individuals got killed & injured in house collapses and landslides that got triggered due to heavy rains in Jammu city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back