Students demand release of arrested JKDF activists
Jammu: Hundreds of students staged protest demonstrations here demanding the release of three activists of the Jammu and Kashmir Democratic Front (JKDF), who were arrested for disrupting Assembly proceedings in Srinagar.
Over 200 students of GGM Science College assembled at the college complex and held an anti-government demonstration against the arrest of three JKDF activists who raised the issue of unemployment in the Assembly on October 8.
"We demand release of the youths from police custody, who were raising the issue of unemployment and grant of monthly unemployment amount and formulate a comprehensive policy to deal with unemployment in the state", student leader Randhir Singh told reporters here.
Over 200 students of Jammu University held protest demonstrations at the university complex in support of their demand for release of the arrested youth.
They raised anti-government slogans and threatened to intensify the agitation if the government failed to release the three youths.
A similar protest was held at MAM College where students held an anti-government protest rally at the complex in support of the demand for release of three arrested youth in Kashmir.
The Assembly in Srinagar witnessed unruly scenes on October 8 as three JKDF activists unfurled the flag of a newly-floated party and shouted slogans demanding implementation of the employment policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan