Students injured in clashes
Jammu: Nine students were injured on Sunday
when they were baton-charged by police during a demonstration
in Rajouri district, authorities said.
Students of Baba Gulam Shah Badshah University tried
to gate crash into campus, 180 kms from here, and were stopped
by the police, they said.
A clash ensued and they were cane charged by the
police, they said, adding, the injured were hospitalised.
Later, the students staged dharna on Sheri-e-Kashmir
bridge in the town and blocked the traffic, they said.
The student are demanding grace marks in examination,
in which they allege over 80 percent of questions were out of
syllabus, among other changes in examination and evaluation
Registrar of University Abdul Rashid said the
authorities have already agreed to most of these demands,
including provision for supplementary examination and
"Majority of students are satisfied without decision
but only small group of miscreants are trying to create
disturbances in campus by their strike", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra