Students protest against sexual exploitation at Jammu shelter
Jammu: Scores of physically-challenged students on Monday took to the streets protesting against the alleged sexual exploitation of five mentally-challenged girls at a shelter here.
Led by Deaf and Dumb School principal, over 200 students of different schools took out a protest rally from Shaheedi Chowk to Jammu Press Club, demanding strict punishment for those involved in the crime.
The school principal, Roshan Bhan, told reporters that the accused should be awarded capital punishment.
"We demand capital punishment for those involved in this heinous crime and the accused should be tried in a fast-track court," Bhan said.
The director and a guard of the shelter in Channi Rama area have already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video