Students protest against sexual exploitation at Jammu shelter
Jammu: Scores of physically-challenged students on Monday took to the streets protesting against the alleged sexual exploitation of five mentally-challenged girls at a shelter here.
Led by Deaf and Dumb School principal, over 200 students of different schools took out a protest rally from Shaheedi Chowk to Jammu Press Club, demanding strict punishment for those involved in the crime.
The school principal, Roshan Bhan, told reporters that the accused should be awarded capital punishment.
"We demand capital punishment for those involved in this heinous crime and the accused should be tried in a fast-track court," Bhan said.
The director and a guard of the shelter in Channi Rama area have already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers