Students protest against sexual exploitation at Jammu shelter
Jammu: Scores of physically-challenged students on Monday took to the streets protesting against the alleged sexual exploitation of five mentally-challenged girls at a shelter here.
Led by Deaf and Dumb School principal, over 200 students of different schools took out a protest rally from Shaheedi Chowk to Jammu Press Club, demanding strict punishment for those involved in the crime.
The school principal, Roshan Bhan, told reporters that the accused should be awarded capital punishment.
"We demand capital punishment for those involved in this heinous crime and the accused should be tried in a fast-track court," Bhan said.
The director and a guard of the shelter in Channi Rama area have already been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire