Sub-zero temperatures in Kashmir, Ladakh
Srinagar: Minimum temperature in the Kashmir valley Wednesday fell much below freezing point, adding to the prevailing cold wave conditions here.
Due to a clear night sky, minimum temperatures have further fallen below the freezing point, a Met Department official said.
The official said minimum temperature fell to minus 3.9 degrees in Srinagar, minus 7.7 degrees in Pahalgam and minus 9.2 degrees in Gulmarg.
The coldest town in Jammu and Kashmir is Leh which recorded minus 16.2 degrees. Kargil town recorded minus 14.8 degrees Celsius.
The official said the minimum temperatures are likely to fall further by Thursday but from Friday, cloudy conditions would bring up night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan