Sub-zero temperatures in Kashmir, Ladakh
Srinagar: Minimum temperature in the Kashmir valley Wednesday fell much below freezing point, adding to the prevailing cold wave conditions here.
Due to a clear night sky, minimum temperatures have further fallen below the freezing point, a Met Department official said.
The official said minimum temperature fell to minus 3.9 degrees in Srinagar, minus 7.7 degrees in Pahalgam and minus 9.2 degrees in Gulmarg.
The coldest town in Jammu and Kashmir is Leh which recorded minus 16.2 degrees. Kargil town recorded minus 14.8 degrees Celsius.
The official said the minimum temperatures are likely to fall further by Thursday but from Friday, cloudy conditions would bring up night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video