Sub-zero temperatures in Kashmir, Ladakh
Srinagar: Minimum temperature in the Kashmir valley Wednesday fell much below freezing point, adding to the prevailing cold wave conditions here.
Due to a clear night sky, minimum temperatures have further fallen below the freezing point, a Met Department official said.
The official said minimum temperature fell to minus 3.9 degrees in Srinagar, minus 7.7 degrees in Pahalgam and minus 9.2 degrees in Gulmarg.
The coldest town in Jammu and Kashmir is Leh which recorded minus 16.2 degrees. Kargil town recorded minus 14.8 degrees Celsius.
The official said the minimum temperatures are likely to fall further by Thursday but from Friday, cloudy conditions would bring up night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Happy Birthday Dhyan Chand: 10 interesting facts you must know about India's hockey legend
- AAP-Sheila Dikshit trying to suppress Rs 400 crore water tanker scam: BJP
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G