Sub-zero temperatures in Kashmir, Ladakh
Srinagar: Minimum temperature in the Kashmir valley Wednesday fell much below freezing point, adding to the prevailing cold wave conditions here.
Due to a clear night sky, minimum temperatures have further fallen below the freezing point, a Met Department official said.
The official said minimum temperature fell to minus 3.9 degrees in Srinagar, minus 7.7 degrees in Pahalgam and minus 9.2 degrees in Gulmarg.
The coldest town in Jammu and Kashmir is Leh which recorded minus 16.2 degrees. Kargil town recorded minus 14.8 degrees Celsius.
The official said the minimum temperatures are likely to fall further by Thursday but from Friday, cloudy conditions would bring up night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray