Sub-zero temperatures in Kashmir, Ladakh
Srinagar: Minimum temperature in the Kashmir valley Wednesday fell much below freezing point, adding to the prevailing cold wave conditions here.
Due to a clear night sky, minimum temperatures have further fallen below the freezing point, a Met Department official said.
The official said minimum temperature fell to minus 3.9 degrees in Srinagar, minus 7.7 degrees in Pahalgam and minus 9.2 degrees in Gulmarg.
The coldest town in Jammu and Kashmir is Leh which recorded minus 16.2 degrees. Kargil town recorded minus 14.8 degrees Celsius.
The official said the minimum temperatures are likely to fall further by Thursday but from Friday, cloudy conditions would bring up night temperatures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’