SUF for working with Muslims to defeat anti-social elements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir-based Sikh United
Front (SUF) on Saturday asked Sikhs in the state to form area-wise
coordination committees with Muslims in order to defeat the
designs of anti-social elements from vitiating the communal
harmony in the state.
"We warn all such elements, who are out to vitiate communal
harmony in Kashmir, to desist from their evil designs," SUF
president Sudershan Singh Wazir told reporters here.
The SUF leader said the Sikhs should form area-wise
coordination committees with Muslims in Kashmir to defeat the
designs of anti-social elements to break the communal harmony
in the valley.
His statement came in the wake of Sikhs in Jammu and
Kashmir receiving unsigned letters asking them to either join
the protests or leave the Valley.
The 60,000-strong Sikh community is the single largest
minority group in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter