SUF for working with Muslims to defeat anti-social elements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir-based Sikh United
Front (SUF) on Saturday asked Sikhs in the state to form area-wise
coordination committees with Muslims in order to defeat the
designs of anti-social elements from vitiating the communal
harmony in the state.
"We warn all such elements, who are out to vitiate communal
harmony in Kashmir, to desist from their evil designs," SUF
president Sudershan Singh Wazir told reporters here.
The SUF leader said the Sikhs should form area-wise
coordination committees with Muslims in Kashmir to defeat the
designs of anti-social elements to break the communal harmony
in the valley.
His statement came in the wake of Sikhs in Jammu and
Kashmir receiving unsigned letters asking them to either join
the protests or leave the Valley.
The 60,000-strong Sikh community is the single largest
minority group in Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- News Television Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags best news channel website honour
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Google-backed transpacific submarine cable between US and Japan goes live today!
- WOAH! Gautam Gambhir absolutely destroys Ravi Shastri - Here are his scathing comments