Sufi appointed first Kashmir information commissioner
Jammu: GR Sufi, an income tax officer, has been appointed Jammu and Kashmir`s first Chief Information Commissioner.
Official sources said the state government received the file of Sufi`s appointment, duly signed by the Governor, who is the appointing authority, late Wednesday evening.
"With this, Sufi stands appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner of the state information commission," an official told a news agency.
The appointment of Sufi, whose name was cleared by a panel headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Jan 27, ran into some problems as the file earlier did not have a clearance letter from the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC).
It was mandatory as Sufi is a serving officer of the central government.
Despite the appointment, it is not clear as to when Sufi will join his new assignment as he retires from service in April.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!