Summer secretariat started in Jammu
Jammu: In order to address public grievances, Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister (DCM) Tara Chand on Monday kick-started the summer secretariat in Jammu, winter capital of the state.
On the first day of the functioning of the secretariat, the Deputy Chief Minister met with a series of delegations who called on him to project problems of respective areas.
Addressing the delegations, Chand said the summer secretariat is a step in the direction to bring the administration more close to the people and facilitate effective redressal of problems faced by the public.
Every week a minister would be available to the public in the secretariat.
He said that government is steadfast on its resolve for equitable development of all three regions and work on the road map to address development aspirations of the people of the state is apace.
The DCM gave a patient hearing to the demands put forth by the people and assured for early redressal of all genuine issues. He also issued on the spot directions to the concerned authorities for earliest possible redressal of the matters brought up by the people.
Later, a high-level meeting was taken to review the pace and progress of various works undertaking in flagship JNNURM scheme and to review preparedness of various departments for the summer season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'