Summer unrest was not fulled by me: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani Thursday refuted police claim that
the summer unrest in the valley was fuelled by him.
"The police claim is a lie... The government is in
fact using dirty tricks to malign the ongoing struggle and the
Hurriyat leadership," Geelani said in a statement here.
Reacting to the Director General of Police Kuldeep
Khoda`s claim that separatist leader Masrat Alam during his
interrogation revealed that Geelani paid him Rs 40 lakhs for
fueling the unrest, the Hurriyat hawk said "let the police
bring Alam in the open court where truth can be known".
Alam, who led the summer protests, was nabbed in
October after evading arrest for months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'