Summer unrest was not fulled by me: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani Thursday refuted police claim that
the summer unrest in the valley was fuelled by him.
"The police claim is a lie... The government is in
fact using dirty tricks to malign the ongoing struggle and the
Hurriyat leadership," Geelani said in a statement here.
Reacting to the Director General of Police Kuldeep
Khoda`s claim that separatist leader Masrat Alam during his
interrogation revealed that Geelani paid him Rs 40 lakhs for
fueling the unrest, the Hurriyat hawk said "let the police
bring Alam in the open court where truth can be known".
Alam, who led the summer protests, was nabbed in
October after evading arrest for months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends