Summer unrest was not fulled by me: Geelani
Srinagar: Hardline Hurriyat Conference
chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani Thursday refuted police claim that
the summer unrest in the valley was fuelled by him.
"The police claim is a lie... The government is in
fact using dirty tricks to malign the ongoing struggle and the
Hurriyat leadership," Geelani said in a statement here.
Reacting to the Director General of Police Kuldeep
Khoda`s claim that separatist leader Masrat Alam during his
interrogation revealed that Geelani paid him Rs 40 lakhs for
fueling the unrest, the Hurriyat hawk said "let the police
bring Alam in the open court where truth can be known".
Alam, who led the summer protests, was nabbed in
October after evading arrest for months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?