Summer vacation for schools, colleges in Kashmir from Tuesday
Srinagar: In view of rising temperatures, authorities on Monday announced 17-day-long summer vacation in all educational institutions including colleges in Kashmir division and winter zone of Jammu region from tomorrow.
"There will be summer vacations in all government-run schools including recognised private schools up to higher secondary level falling in Kashmir and winter zone of Jammu divisions from July 15 to July 31," Director Education Kashmir Tariq Ahmad Mir told PTI.
He said the decision to this effect was taken in view of the rising temperatures in the Valley.
An official spokesman said all government degree colleges of Kashmir division and winter zones of Jammu will also observe 17-day summer break from tomorrow.
"Any default on the part of private school(s) in observance of the calendar of vacations so authorised shall attract action under rules," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win