Summer vacation for schools, colleges in Kashmir from Tuesday
Srinagar: In view of rising temperatures, authorities on Monday announced 17-day-long summer vacation in all educational institutions including colleges in Kashmir division and winter zone of Jammu region from tomorrow.
"There will be summer vacations in all government-run schools including recognised private schools up to higher secondary level falling in Kashmir and winter zone of Jammu divisions from July 15 to July 31," Director Education Kashmir Tariq Ahmad Mir told PTI.
He said the decision to this effect was taken in view of the rising temperatures in the Valley.
An official spokesman said all government degree colleges of Kashmir division and winter zones of Jammu will also observe 17-day summer break from tomorrow.
"Any default on the part of private school(s) in observance of the calendar of vacations so authorised shall attract action under rules," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi