Summer vacation for schools, colleges in Kashmir from Tuesday
Srinagar: In view of rising temperatures, authorities on Monday announced 17-day-long summer vacation in all educational institutions including colleges in Kashmir division and winter zone of Jammu region from tomorrow.
"There will be summer vacations in all government-run schools including recognised private schools up to higher secondary level falling in Kashmir and winter zone of Jammu divisions from July 15 to July 31," Director Education Kashmir Tariq Ahmad Mir told PTI.
He said the decision to this effect was taken in view of the rising temperatures in the Valley.
An official spokesman said all government degree colleges of Kashmir division and winter zones of Jammu will also observe 17-day summer break from tomorrow.
"Any default on the part of private school(s) in observance of the calendar of vacations so authorised shall attract action under rules," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America