Support resolution for Afzal Guru`s mortal remains: MLA
Srinagar: An independent MLA from Jammu and Kashmir Monday asked the political parties to "sincerely" support his resolution in the Assembly seeking the return of mortal remains of the Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru, who was hanged recently.
"I have submitted a resolution in the assembly seeking the return of the mortal remains of Afzal Guru and I seek the sincere support of all the political parties especially NC (National Conference) and PDP (Peoples Democratic Party)," the independent MLA from Langate, Sheikh Abdul Rashid told reporters here.
Rashid appealed both the NC and PDP to urge the Speaker of the Assembly to take up the resolution at an earliest.
"69 resolutions have been submitted in the Assembly (to be taken up in the forthcoming session) and my resolution can be taken up or cannot be. However, seeing the urgency of the issue, they (NC and PDP) should urge the Speaker to take up the resolution without balloting," he said.
"The government can do anything to sabotage the resolution, but I warn them not to try it and befool people," MLA warned.
He said he would take back his resolution if a similar one is brought up by the Leader of the House or Leader of the Opposition.
Rashid also expressed concern at the proposed Police Bill, appealing the Chief Minister Omar Abdullah not to bring such a bill in the Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert