Surgical strikes killed top militant commanders: J-K police
Jammu: Claiming that ten top commanders
of various militant outfits have been killed among 17 ultras
since the beginning of this year, Jammu and Kashmir police
today said it has achieved major successes due to "surgical
strikes" in south of Pir Panjal in the state.
"As a winter strategy, we launched surgical operations
in Jammu region. We had dividends soon. We have killed 10 top
commanders among 17 militants till now," Inspector General of
Police (IGP), Jammu Zone, Ashok Kumar Gupta told reporters
Under the surgical strike strategy, police used two
types of planning -- "Track and target" and "scout, seek and
kill" in neutrilising the top leadership of HuJI, JeM, LeT and
Hizb-ul-Mujahideen (HM) outfits in Doda, Kishtwar, Poonch,
Reasi and Rajouri districts of the region.
While four such top commanders were killed in
Kishtwar, three in Doda district, one each in Reasi, Rajouri and
Two top commanders of Hibul Mujahideen surrendered
before DGP Kuldeep Khoda in Doda, Kumar said.
Under the strategy, large number of Special Operation
Groups (SOGs) generated critical real time informations and
conducted meticulous operations in most difficult high
altitude areas, he said.
"Instead of big SOG teams of 20 to 30 members, we
formed small teams of 5 to 6 men," he said adding this has
given us better results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry