Suspected dishonour killing in Kashmir
Srinagar: In the first reported case of dishonour killing in Kashmir, police have arrested a man and his two sisters on the charges of murdering their youngest sibling over her conduct.
Mushtaq Ahmad Dar and his two sisters - Nasreen and Misra - were arrested after the trio admitted to strangulating their 20-year-old sister Zubaida to death in the fields at Shoolipora in Budgam district on August 24, a police spokesman said.
"During investigations, Dar, the brother of the deceased, disclosed that he and his two sisters were not satisfied with the behaviour of Zubaida and were facing a lot of humiliation in the society by her deeds," the spokesman said.
Dar and his sisters hatched a conspiracy to kill her and took Zubaida to the fields. They later strangulated her to death with her scarf, he said.
The spokesman said police is also probing other aspects which include grabbing of money belonging to the deceased.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan