Suspected dishonour killing in Kashmir
Srinagar: In the first reported case of dishonour killing in Kashmir, police have arrested a man and his two sisters on the charges of murdering their youngest sibling over her conduct.
Mushtaq Ahmad Dar and his two sisters - Nasreen and Misra - were arrested after the trio admitted to strangulating their 20-year-old sister Zubaida to death in the fields at Shoolipora in Budgam district on August 24, a police spokesman said.
"During investigations, Dar, the brother of the deceased, disclosed that he and his two sisters were not satisfied with the behaviour of Zubaida and were facing a lot of humiliation in the society by her deeds," the spokesman said.
Dar and his sisters hatched a conspiracy to kill her and took Zubaida to the fields. They later strangulated her to death with her scarf, he said.
The spokesman said police is also probing other aspects which include grabbing of money belonging to the deceased.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May