Suspected dishonour killing in Kashmir
Srinagar: In the first reported case of dishonour killing in Kashmir, police have arrested a man and his two sisters on the charges of murdering their youngest sibling over her conduct.
Mushtaq Ahmad Dar and his two sisters - Nasreen and Misra - were arrested after the trio admitted to strangulating their 20-year-old sister Zubaida to death in the fields at Shoolipora in Budgam district on August 24, a police spokesman said.
"During investigations, Dar, the brother of the deceased, disclosed that he and his two sisters were not satisfied with the behaviour of Zubaida and were facing a lot of humiliation in the society by her deeds," the spokesman said.
Dar and his sisters hatched a conspiracy to kill her and took Zubaida to the fields. They later strangulated her to death with her scarf, he said.
The spokesman said police is also probing other aspects which include grabbing of money belonging to the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!