Suspected dishonour killing in Kashmir
Srinagar: In the first reported case of dishonour killing in Kashmir, police have arrested a man and his two sisters on the charges of murdering their youngest sibling over her conduct.
Mushtaq Ahmad Dar and his two sisters - Nasreen and Misra - were arrested after the trio admitted to strangulating their 20-year-old sister Zubaida to death in the fields at Shoolipora in Budgam district on August 24, a police spokesman said.
"During investigations, Dar, the brother of the deceased, disclosed that he and his two sisters were not satisfied with the behaviour of Zubaida and were facing a lot of humiliation in the society by her deeds," the spokesman said.
Dar and his sisters hatched a conspiracy to kill her and took Zubaida to the fields. They later strangulated her to death with her scarf, he said.
The spokesman said police is also probing other aspects which include grabbing of money belonging to the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'