Suspected militant arrested; hunt on for another in Srinagar
Srinagar: Police on Thursday arrested a suspected militant during a cordon and search operation in down town city here, even as hunt was going on for another ultra believed to be hiding in the area.
The sleuth of special operation group cordoned off the Chattabal area following a tip-off about presence of two militants in the area official sources said.
The sources said while one of the suspects has been nabbed search is going on for the other.
The sources said the two suspects may be involved in the militant attack on the CRPF camp at Bemina yesterday.
Yesterday, two suspected Pakistani terrorists, disguised as cricketers, stormed a CRPF camp here in a `fidayeen` (suicide) attack killing five of its personnel in the first major strike in the city in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers