Suspected militant arrested; hunt on for another in Srinagar
Srinagar: Police on Thursday arrested a suspected militant during a cordon and search operation in down town city here, even as hunt was going on for another ultra believed to be hiding in the area.
The sleuth of special operation group cordoned off the Chattabal area following a tip-off about presence of two militants in the area official sources said.
The sources said while one of the suspects has been nabbed search is going on for the other.
The sources said the two suspects may be involved in the militant attack on the CRPF camp at Bemina yesterday.
Yesterday, two suspected Pakistani terrorists, disguised as cricketers, stormed a CRPF camp here in a `fidayeen` (suicide) attack killing five of its personnel in the first major strike in the city in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials