Suspected militant arrested; hunt on for another in Srinagar
Srinagar: Police on Thursday arrested a suspected militant during a cordon and search operation in down town city here, even as hunt was going on for another ultra believed to be hiding in the area.
The sleuth of special operation group cordoned off the Chattabal area following a tip-off about presence of two militants in the area official sources said.
The sources said while one of the suspects has been nabbed search is going on for the other.
The sources said the two suspects may be involved in the militant attack on the CRPF camp at Bemina yesterday.
Yesterday, two suspected Pakistani terrorists, disguised as cricketers, stormed a CRPF camp here in a `fidayeen` (suicide) attack killing five of its personnel in the first major strike in the city in three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!