Suspected militants attack police station in Pulwama dist
Srinagar: Suspected militants attacked a police station in Pulwama district following which an exchange of fire took place between the two sides, police said.
No casualties were reported in the incident.
The militants fired from automatic weapons at the police station, Rajpora, 40 kms from here, at around 7.10 pm yesterday from the backyard, Senior Superintendent of Police,
Pulwama, Kifayat Haider said.
He said the firing continued for few minutes, damaging window panes but none was injured in the firing, he said, adding the police retaliated and the militants escaped.
The SSP said the attackers have been identified and would soon be nabbed.
"We launched a manhunt soon after the incident and have identified them. We are after them and they will be arrested soon," he said.
The attack came soon after security forces recovered a large quantity of grenades and ammunition from Chakoora village of Pulwama district yesterday.
Police assisted by troops of 55 Rashtriya Rifles recovered ten rifle grenades, two hand grenades, one magazine of AK 47 and 65 rounds during searches in the village
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'