Suspected militants fire at policeman
Srinagar: Suspected militants tonight shot at and critically injured a policeman in Anantnag town in South Kashmir, police said.
The gunmen shot constable Abdul Rashid from close range at Janglat Mandi in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, the police said.
The policeman has been referred to a hospital here in a critical condition as he was hit by the bullet in the neck, the police said.
The assailants escaped from the spot under the cover of darkness taking away the service rifle of the constable, they said adding the area has been cordoned off and a manhunt launched to nab the attackers.
No militant out has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you