Suspected militants fire at policeman
Srinagar: Suspected militants tonight shot at and critically injured a policeman in Anantnag town in South Kashmir, police said.
The gunmen shot constable Abdul Rashid from close range at Janglat Mandi in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, the police said.
The policeman has been referred to a hospital here in a critical condition as he was hit by the bullet in the neck, the police said.
The assailants escaped from the spot under the cover of darkness taking away the service rifle of the constable, they said adding the area has been cordoned off and a manhunt launched to nab the attackers.
No militant out has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!