Suspected militants fire at policeman
Srinagar: Suspected militants tonight shot at and critically injured a policeman in Anantnag town in South Kashmir, police said.
The gunmen shot constable Abdul Rashid from close range at Janglat Mandi in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, the police said.
The policeman has been referred to a hospital here in a critical condition as he was hit by the bullet in the neck, the police said.
The assailants escaped from the spot under the cover of darkness taking away the service rifle of the constable, they said adding the area has been cordoned off and a manhunt launched to nab the attackers.
No militant out has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition