Suspected militants fire at policeman
Srinagar: Suspected militants tonight shot at and critically injured a policeman in Anantnag town in South Kashmir, police said.
The gunmen shot constable Abdul Rashid from close range at Janglat Mandi in Anantnag, 55 kms from here, the police said.
The policeman has been referred to a hospital here in a critical condition as he was hit by the bullet in the neck, the police said.
The assailants escaped from the spot under the cover of darkness taking away the service rifle of the constable, they said adding the area has been cordoned off and a manhunt launched to nab the attackers.
No militant out has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown