Suspected militants hurl grenade at Shiraz Cinema in Srinagar
Srinagar: Suspected militants hurled a grenade at Shiraz Cinema, housing two India Reserve Police (IRP) units, in Khanyar area of the city but the explosive failed to explode, police said on Monday.
According to police, stones were pelted on Shiraz Cinema by unidentified persons late last evening. During an inspection of the compound area, the security forces found an unexploded grenade, believed to have been hurled by the militants during the stone-pelting incident.
A bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot and the explosive was removed.
"It has been taken to an isolated place, where efforts are on to neutralise it," police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video