Suspected militants hurl grenade at Shiraz Cinema in Srinagar
Srinagar: Suspected militants hurled a grenade at Shiraz Cinema, housing two India Reserve Police (IRP) units, in Khanyar area of the city but the explosive failed to explode, police said on Monday.
According to police, stones were pelted on Shiraz Cinema by unidentified persons late last evening. During an inspection of the compound area, the security forces found an unexploded grenade, believed to have been hurled by the militants during the stone-pelting incident.
A bomb disposal squad was rushed to the spot and the explosive was removed.
"It has been taken to an isolated place, where efforts are on to neutralise it," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!