Suspected militants kill another sarpanch in J&K
Srinagar: A village sarpanch was gunned down by unidentified militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district late Sunday evening.
According to reports, suspected militants fired upon Javed Ahmed Wani, affiliated to ruling National Conference in Baramulla district, inside his house in Kreeri area.
Javed Ahmed Wani was shot at and critically injured at around 7:40 PM, officials said.
Although, Wani was rushed to a hospital in Srinagar, he succumbed to his injuries.
However, no militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the killing.
This is the fifth instance in the last six months in which a sarpanch has been killed in the state. While three sarpanches were killed in September last year, another was shot dead in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan