Suspected militants kill another sarpanch in J&K
Srinagar: A village sarpanch was gunned down by unidentified militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district late Sunday evening.
According to reports, suspected militants fired upon Javed Ahmed Wani, affiliated to ruling National Conference in Baramulla district, inside his house in Kreeri area.
Javed Ahmed Wani was shot at and critically injured at around 7:40 PM, officials said.
Although, Wani was rushed to a hospital in Srinagar, he succumbed to his injuries.
However, no militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the killing.
This is the fifth instance in the last six months in which a sarpanch has been killed in the state. While three sarpanches were killed in September last year, another was shot dead in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city