Suspected militants kill village sarpanch in Kashm
Srinagar: A village sarpanch was gunned down by unidentified militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district late Monday evening.
According to reports, suspected militants fired upon Mohammad Shafi Teli (37), the Deputy Sarpanch of Nowpora Jageer area of Kreeri Sopore in Baramulla District last evening, when he was on way home after offering prayers.
Teli was rushed to a hospital in Srinagar, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Meanwhile, personnel of the Army, the Special Operations Group of the Police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) cordoned off the area and have launched a hunt for the suspected militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...