Suspected militants kill village sarpanch in Kashm
Srinagar: A village sarpanch was gunned down by unidentified militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Baramulla district late Monday evening.
According to reports, suspected militants fired upon Mohammad Shafi Teli (37), the Deputy Sarpanch of Nowpora Jageer area of Kreeri Sopore in Baramulla District last evening, when he was on way home after offering prayers.
Teli was rushed to a hospital in Srinagar, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Meanwhile, personnel of the Army, the Special Operations Group of the Police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) cordoned off the area and have launched a hunt for the suspected militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming