Suspended DSP wanted in custodial death surrenders
Ramban (J-K): A suspended Deputy
Superintendent of Police (DSP) on Thursday surrendered before a
local court in connection with a custodial death in 1995.
DSP Sonaullah Naik, who was absconding in the case, today
surrendered before sessions court in Ramban district and was
sent to police custody.
Aiyaz Ahmed Wani died in police custody in Banihal area
on October 15, 1995.
An FIR was registered against the DSP in this connection.
Confirming Naik`s custody, SP Ramban Anil Magotra said
that he surrendered after his property was attached and a
decision to auction it was taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed