Suspended DSP wanted in custodial death surrenders
Ramban (J-K): A suspended Deputy
Superintendent of Police (DSP) on Thursday surrendered before a
local court in connection with a custodial death in 1995.
DSP Sonaullah Naik, who was absconding in the case, today
surrendered before sessions court in Ramban district and was
sent to police custody.
Aiyaz Ahmed Wani died in police custody in Banihal area
on October 15, 1995.
An FIR was registered against the DSP in this connection.
Confirming Naik`s custody, SP Ramban Anil Magotra said
that he surrendered after his property was attached and a
decision to auction it was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!