Suspended DSP wanted in custodial death surrenders
Ramban (J-K): A suspended Deputy
Superintendent of Police (DSP) on Thursday surrendered before a
local court in connection with a custodial death in 1995.
DSP Sonaullah Naik, who was absconding in the case, today
surrendered before sessions court in Ramban district and was
sent to police custody.
Aiyaz Ahmed Wani died in police custody in Banihal area
on October 15, 1995.
An FIR was registered against the DSP in this connection.
Confirming Naik`s custody, SP Ramban Anil Magotra said
that he surrendered after his property was attached and a
decision to auction it was taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29