Sweets from Pak followed by firing on Indian post
Jammu: Hours after exchange of sweets and greetings on the Indo-Pak border between troops of the two sides, Pakistan rangers today fired at Indian forward post in Samba sector, violating ceasefire for seventh time in past 11 days.
"There was small arms firing at Indian Border Out Post (BoP) of Pansar along International Border in Samba sector around late this afternoon," a senior BSF officer said.
Firing by Pakistan rangers started around 15:30 hours and was on intermittently, the officer said, adding that BSF troops guarding the borderline replied back.
There was no injury or damage caused in this firing on this side, he said.
There were 31 ceasefire violations this year followed by 51 cases in 2011, 44 cases of ceasefire violations along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir were registered in 2010 and 28 were in 2009.
The recent firings and ceasefire violations by Pakistan came close on the heels of detection of 400-meter long tunnel in Jammu and Kashmir`s Samba sector on July 28 and subsequent lodging of strong protest over the tunnel issue on July 31.
"All activities across LoC are continuously monitored. Measures like strengthening of defences, deployment and military modernisation are factored into our plans," officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off