Take up cross-border firing issue with Pak: Gujjars to Centre
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday asked the Centre to take up the cross-border firing issue with Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his coming visit to India.
"We impress upon the Central government to take up the matter pertaining to cross-border firing with Rehman Malik during his visit to India," said president of Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha J&K Chapter Eshfaq-ur-Rehman Poswal.
Pakistani troopers were regularly firing on Indian areas inhabitated by Gujjars and Bakerwals, he said adding this had hit hard both the communities.
Poswal favoured opening of more trade routes between India and Pakistan to promote religious pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says