Take up cross-border firing issue with Pak: Gujjars to Centre
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday asked the Centre to take up the cross-border firing issue with Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his coming visit to India.
"We impress upon the Central government to take up the matter pertaining to cross-border firing with Rehman Malik during his visit to India," said president of Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha J&K Chapter Eshfaq-ur-Rehman Poswal.
Pakistani troopers were regularly firing on Indian areas inhabitated by Gujjars and Bakerwals, he said adding this had hit hard both the communities.
Poswal favoured opening of more trade routes between India and Pakistan to promote religious pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress