Take up cross-border firing issue with Pak: Gujjars to Centre
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday asked the Centre to take up the cross-border firing issue with Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his coming visit to India.
"We impress upon the Central government to take up the matter pertaining to cross-border firing with Rehman Malik during his visit to India," said president of Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha J&K Chapter Eshfaq-ur-Rehman Poswal.
Pakistani troopers were regularly firing on Indian areas inhabitated by Gujjars and Bakerwals, he said adding this had hit hard both the communities.
Poswal favoured opening of more trade routes between India and Pakistan to promote religious pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars