Take up cross-border firing issue with Pak: Gujjars to Centre
Jammu: Gujjars in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday asked the Centre to take up the cross-border firing issue with Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik during his coming visit to India.
"We impress upon the Central government to take up the matter pertaining to cross-border firing with Rehman Malik during his visit to India," said president of Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Mahasabha J&K Chapter Eshfaq-ur-Rehman Poswal.
Pakistani troopers were regularly firing on Indian areas inhabitated by Gujjars and Bakerwals, he said adding this had hit hard both the communities.
Poswal favoured opening of more trade routes between India and Pakistan to promote religious pilgrimage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?