Tarigami for political consensus on Kashmir
Kulgam (JK): CPI(M) Jammu and Kashmir
Secretary M Y Tarigami on Thursday called for evolving commonalities
between all political forces in the state including
separatists for finding an amicable solution to the Kashmir
"For this purpose, mainstream as well as separatist
leadership need to develop consensus by converging at common
formula and convince both India and Pakistan to resolve the
tangle once and for all," Tarigami said.
He said divergent view points and drifting policies
would not yield anything except miseries and hardships to
The communist leader was addressing a public rally
here, 75 km from Srinagar, after leading party activists in a
protest march against unemployment, shortage of essential
commodities, erratic power supply and other public issues.
Tarigami said there was a need for consolidating
internal Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) and liberalising
trade and travel across the Line of Control (LoC).
"It is imperative to universalise the scope of these
vital CBMs by putting in place communication and banking
facilities and allowing cultural, sports and educational
exchange programmes across the two divided parts of the
State," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video