Tarigami for political consensus on Kashmir
Kulgam (JK): CPI(M) Jammu and Kashmir
Secretary M Y Tarigami on Thursday called for evolving commonalities
between all political forces in the state including
separatists for finding an amicable solution to the Kashmir
"For this purpose, mainstream as well as separatist
leadership need to develop consensus by converging at common
formula and convince both India and Pakistan to resolve the
tangle once and for all," Tarigami said.
He said divergent view points and drifting policies
would not yield anything except miseries and hardships to
The communist leader was addressing a public rally
here, 75 km from Srinagar, after leading party activists in a
protest march against unemployment, shortage of essential
commodities, erratic power supply and other public issues.
Tarigami said there was a need for consolidating
internal Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) and liberalising
trade and travel across the Line of Control (LoC).
"It is imperative to universalise the scope of these
vital CBMs by putting in place communication and banking
facilities and allowing cultural, sports and educational
exchange programmes across the two divided parts of the
State," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw
- Subramaian Swamy targets GST Network again; will write to Amit Shah, BJP CMs