Tarigami for political consensus on Kashmir
Kulgam (JK): CPI(M) Jammu and Kashmir
Secretary M Y Tarigami on Thursday called for evolving commonalities
between all political forces in the state including
separatists for finding an amicable solution to the Kashmir
"For this purpose, mainstream as well as separatist
leadership need to develop consensus by converging at common
formula and convince both India and Pakistan to resolve the
tangle once and for all," Tarigami said.
He said divergent view points and drifting policies
would not yield anything except miseries and hardships to
The communist leader was addressing a public rally
here, 75 km from Srinagar, after leading party activists in a
protest march against unemployment, shortage of essential
commodities, erratic power supply and other public issues.
Tarigami said there was a need for consolidating
internal Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) and liberalising
trade and travel across the Line of Control (LoC).
"It is imperative to universalise the scope of these
vital CBMs by putting in place communication and banking
facilities and allowing cultural, sports and educational
exchange programmes across the two divided parts of the
State," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore