Tax evasion case against Geelani act of vengeance: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline faction of the
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday alleged that the tax evasion case filed
against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani by the government
was an act of "political vengeance".
"The case filed by the Income tax department against
Geelani and his son-in-law Altaf Ahmad Shah is nothing but an
act of political vengeance," Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar
Over the past 20 years, Geelani had not acquired any
personal property, he said.
The J&K IT department had filed a case against
the Hurriyat hawk for allegedly concealing particulars of his
income and evading payment of tax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICSI CS foundation exam 2016 result announced, log on to icsi.examresults.net to check your scores
- Goa RSS chief resigns from committee set up for CM's birthday
- Helicopter parenting may up depression risk in your kids
- Cabinet clears mineral exploration policy
- Unbelievable! Gujarat researchers find traces of gold in urine of Gir cows