Tax evasion case against Geelani act of vengeance: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline faction of the
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday alleged that the tax evasion case filed
against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani by the government
was an act of "political vengeance".
"The case filed by the Income tax department against
Geelani and his son-in-law Altaf Ahmad Shah is nothing but an
act of political vengeance," Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar
Over the past 20 years, Geelani had not acquired any
personal property, he said.
The J&K IT department had filed a case against
the Hurriyat hawk for allegedly concealing particulars of his
income and evading payment of tax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?