Tax evasion case against Geelani act of vengeance: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline faction of the
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday alleged that the tax evasion case filed
against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani by the government
was an act of "political vengeance".
"The case filed by the Income tax department against
Geelani and his son-in-law Altaf Ahmad Shah is nothing but an
act of political vengeance," Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar
Over the past 20 years, Geelani had not acquired any
personal property, he said.
The J&K IT department had filed a case against
the Hurriyat hawk for allegedly concealing particulars of his
income and evading payment of tax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’