Tax evasion case against Geelani act of vengeance: Hurriyat
Srinagar: The hardline faction of the
Hurriyat Conference on Tuesday alleged that the tax evasion case filed
against its chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani by the government
was an act of "political vengeance".
"The case filed by the Income tax department against
Geelani and his son-in-law Altaf Ahmad Shah is nothing but an
act of political vengeance," Hurriyat spokesman Ayaz Akbar
Over the past 20 years, Geelani had not acquired any
personal property, he said.
The J&K IT department had filed a case against
the Hurriyat hawk for allegedly concealing particulars of his
income and evading payment of tax.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed