Teacher among 3 arrested for crime against women in J&K
Jammu: A government teacher was among three persons arrested for crime against women in separate incidents in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Class XI student, in her complaint, alleged teacher Surinder Kumar Sharma of attempting to outrage her modesty in a school in Ramnagar area on April 24, a police spokesman said.
Police conducted raids and arrested the accused teacher who is presently in a three days police remand, he said.
In another incident, Dharm Singh and his mother Thakri Devi were arrested in Badota belt for harassing his wife Sarita for dowry.
Sarita in the complaint, alleged Dharm and mother-in-law of harassing her for dowry and subjecting her to physical violence on several occasions.
She was married to Dharm around three months back, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen