Teacher among 3 arrested for crime against women in J&K
Jammu: A government teacher was among three persons arrested for crime against women in separate incidents in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Class XI student, in her complaint, alleged teacher Surinder Kumar Sharma of attempting to outrage her modesty in a school in Ramnagar area on April 24, a police spokesman said.
Police conducted raids and arrested the accused teacher who is presently in a three days police remand, he said.
In another incident, Dharm Singh and his mother Thakri Devi were arrested in Badota belt for harassing his wife Sarita for dowry.
Sarita in the complaint, alleged Dharm and mother-in-law of harassing her for dowry and subjecting her to physical violence on several occasions.
She was married to Dharm around three months back, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket