Teacher among 3 arrested for crime against women in J&K
Jammu: A government teacher was among three persons arrested for crime against women in separate incidents in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Class XI student, in her complaint, alleged teacher Surinder Kumar Sharma of attempting to outrage her modesty in a school in Ramnagar area on April 24, a police spokesman said.
Police conducted raids and arrested the accused teacher who is presently in a three days police remand, he said.
In another incident, Dharm Singh and his mother Thakri Devi were arrested in Badota belt for harassing his wife Sarita for dowry.
Sarita in the complaint, alleged Dharm and mother-in-law of harassing her for dowry and subjecting her to physical violence on several occasions.
She was married to Dharm around three months back, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Sensex bounces 217 points; Nifty regains 7,800-mark
- Nothing wrong in chanting 'Om'; opposition to Yoga uncalled for: Salma Ansari
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!