Teacher among 3 arrested for crime against women in J&K
Jammu: A government teacher was among three persons arrested for crime against women in separate incidents in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Class XI student, in her complaint, alleged teacher Surinder Kumar Sharma of attempting to outrage her modesty in a school in Ramnagar area on April 24, a police spokesman said.
Police conducted raids and arrested the accused teacher who is presently in a three days police remand, he said.
In another incident, Dharm Singh and his mother Thakri Devi were arrested in Badota belt for harassing his wife Sarita for dowry.
Sarita in the complaint, alleged Dharm and mother-in-law of harassing her for dowry and subjecting her to physical violence on several occasions.
She was married to Dharm around three months back, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler