Teacher among 3 arrested for crime against women in J&K
Jammu: A government teacher was among three persons arrested for crime against women in separate incidents in Udhampur district of Jammu and Kashmir.
A Class XI student, in her complaint, alleged teacher Surinder Kumar Sharma of attempting to outrage her modesty in a school in Ramnagar area on April 24, a police spokesman said.
Police conducted raids and arrested the accused teacher who is presently in a three days police remand, he said.
In another incident, Dharm Singh and his mother Thakri Devi were arrested in Badota belt for harassing his wife Sarita for dowry.
Sarita in the complaint, alleged Dharm and mother-in-law of harassing her for dowry and subjecting her to physical violence on several occasions.
She was married to Dharm around three months back, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi