Teenage girl gangraped, two accused arrested
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three youths in Baramulla district of Kashmir, following which two of the accused have been arrested, police said today.
According to the complaint lodged by the teenager and her family, the incident took place on June 14 when she had gone to her relative`s house in Boniyar area to attend a marriage function, they said.
As the girl stepped out of the house, she was kidnapped by three youths and taken to a secluded forest area, nearly one kilometre from the house, and gangraped.
Police has arrested two of the three youths and a case under sections 364 (Kidnapping), 354 (outraging modesty) and 376 (rape) has been registered against the accused.
They said efforts are on to arrest the third accused who is absconding, they said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?