Teenage girl gangraped, two accused arrested
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three youths in Baramulla district of Kashmir, following which two of the accused have been arrested, police said today.
According to the complaint lodged by the teenager and her family, the incident took place on June 14 when she had gone to her relative`s house in Boniyar area to attend a marriage function, they said.
As the girl stepped out of the house, she was kidnapped by three youths and taken to a secluded forest area, nearly one kilometre from the house, and gangraped.
Police has arrested two of the three youths and a case under sections 364 (Kidnapping), 354 (outraging modesty) and 376 (rape) has been registered against the accused.
They said efforts are on to arrest the third accused who is absconding, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged