Teenage girl gangraped, two accused arrested
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three youths in Baramulla district of Kashmir, following which two of the accused have been arrested, police said today.
According to the complaint lodged by the teenager and her family, the incident took place on June 14 when she had gone to her relative`s house in Boniyar area to attend a marriage function, they said.
As the girl stepped out of the house, she was kidnapped by three youths and taken to a secluded forest area, nearly one kilometre from the house, and gangraped.
Police has arrested two of the three youths and a case under sections 364 (Kidnapping), 354 (outraging modesty) and 376 (rape) has been registered against the accused.
They said efforts are on to arrest the third accused who is absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate