Teenage girl gangraped, two accused arrested
Srinagar: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by three youths in Baramulla district of Kashmir, following which two of the accused have been arrested, police said today.
According to the complaint lodged by the teenager and her family, the incident took place on June 14 when she had gone to her relative`s house in Boniyar area to attend a marriage function, they said.
As the girl stepped out of the house, she was kidnapped by three youths and taken to a secluded forest area, nearly one kilometre from the house, and gangraped.
Police has arrested two of the three youths and a case under sections 364 (Kidnapping), 354 (outraging modesty) and 376 (rape) has been registered against the accused.
They said efforts are on to arrest the third accused who is absconding, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III