Teenager washed away in flash floods in Poonch
Jammu: A teenager was washed away in flash floods triggered by rains in Poonch border district of Jammu and Kashmir.
18-year-old Bashir Ahmed was taking a bath in the Loran river in Battal Kota area of the district Friday morning when flash floods triggered by rains in upper hills washed him away, a police officer said.
A rescue operation has been launched to fish out his body, he said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley