Teenager`s body found hanging from tree in J&K
Jammu: Body of an 18-year-old youth was found hanging from a tree in Ramban district leading to protests and blockade of Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on Sunday, police said.
The locals spotted the body of D Singh hanging from a tree in Ramban and informed police about the incident.
Family members alleged that the youth was murdered before being hanged, police said.
The protesters marched to Jammu-Srinagar highway and sat on dharna.
On the assurance by district authorities to take action against the guilty, the protest was called off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users