Teen`s body fished out from Jhelum river in J&K
Srinagar: Body of a teenager, who went missing when group of people protesting hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru were allegedly chased away by security forces, was fished out from Jhelum river on Monday morning.
Body of Zameer Ahmad Dar, 16, who went missing on Sunday, was fished out from Jhelum river in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir this morning, official sources said.
They said Dar had gone missing yesterday during a law and order problem in the area in which another youth, Tariq Ahmad Bhat, had also drowned.
Local residents alleged that the youths who were protesting the hanging of Guru, jumped into the river to escape security forces.
However, police denied the allegation, saying the youths drowned after a boat overturned in the river.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted of involvement in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was hanged on Saturday and buried in Delhi`s Tihar Jail, six days after a mercy plea was rejected by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?