Teen`s body fished out from Jhelum river in J&K
Srinagar: Body of a teenager, who went missing when group of people protesting hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru were allegedly chased away by security forces, was fished out from Jhelum river on Monday morning.
Body of Zameer Ahmad Dar, 16, who went missing on Sunday, was fished out from Jhelum river in Ganderbal district of central Kashmir this morning, official sources said.
They said Dar had gone missing yesterday during a law and order problem in the area in which another youth, Tariq Ahmad Bhat, had also drowned.
Local residents alleged that the youths who were protesting the hanging of Guru, jumped into the river to escape security forces.
However, police denied the allegation, saying the youths drowned after a boat overturned in the river.
Mohammed Afzal Guru, convicted of involvement in the audacious attack on Parliament in 2001, was hanged on Saturday and buried in Delhi`s Tihar Jail, six days after a mercy plea was rejected by the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday