Temperatures show an upward trend in J-K
Srinagar: Night temperature across Jammu and Kashmir recorded an upward trend except in Kargil which at minus 5.4 degrees Celsius was the coldest place in the state.
The minimum temperature recorded in Kargil town was minus 5.4 degrees Celsius compared to minus 6.0 degrees celsius the previous night, a spokesman of the MET office said.
He said the Leh town, which recorded a night temperature of minus 9.6 degrees Celsius yesterday, witnessed an increase of over five notches due to overcast skies. The minimum temperature recorded in the town was minus 4.0 degrees celsius, making it the second coldest place in the state.
The summer capital Srinagar, which registered the coldest night of the season at minus 0.2 degrees Celsius yesterday, recorded slight improvement with the mercury settling at 2.8 degrees celsius.
Kupwara district town of north Kashmir was much better placed with a low of 3.8 degrees celsius as against 0.9 degrees celsius yesterday followed by Qazigund town in south Kashmir (3.0 degrees celsius), the spokesman said.
He said the famous ski resort of Gulmarg in north Kashmir was the only place in the Valley where the night temperature remained below freezing point.
The minimum temperature recorded at the hill resort, which witnessed several inches of snowfall on Saturday and Sunday, was minus 2.9 degrees celsius, while the southern hill resort of Pahalgam recorded a low of 1.4 degrees celsius, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi