Temple reopens after 19 years
Srinagar: A Sanatan Dharm Pratap temple,
gutted in a fire incident in early days of militancy in Lal
Chowk area of the city, was on Thursday reopened after two decades
on the occasion of Janamashtami.
The temple, located in Aftab Market in the heart of the
city was among the several structures devastated in the blaze
A special puja was performed at the reopening ceremony of
the temple after a gap of 19 years, which coincided with the
birthday of Lord Krishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview