Temple reopens after 19 years
Srinagar: A Sanatan Dharm Pratap temple,
gutted in a fire incident in early days of militancy in Lal
Chowk area of the city, was on Thursday reopened after two decades
on the occasion of Janamashtami.
The temple, located in Aftab Market in the heart of the
city was among the several structures devastated in the blaze
A special puja was performed at the reopening ceremony of
the temple after a gap of 19 years, which coincided with the
birthday of Lord Krishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption