Tension in Shopian town after recovery of youth`s body
Srinagar: Tension gripped south Kashmir`s Shopian town on Tuesday following recovery of body of a post-graduate scholar, who went missing on Monday, police said.
Body of Bilal Ahmad, who had completed Masters in Commerce, was found this morning in the fields near Shopian town, 52 kms from here, a police spokesman said.
Bilal was reported missing since yesterday, the spokesman said.
He said soon after the youth`s body was recovered, an irate mob set the house of Mohammad Ramzan Sheikh on fire for reasons which are not clear yet.
The local residents have so far refused to hand over the body to police for carrying out post-mortem, he said.
The spokesman said senior police and civil administration officials are on the spot, trying to defuse the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000